Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fresh Blueberry Muffins

 These muffins are so good! I absolutely LOVE muffins! When we first moved into our apartment in San Diego last year, the only pan I had was a muffin pan and because I love to bake, I just made a lot of muffins! I have so many muffin recipes I want to try, but this will be my go-to blueberry muffin recipe from now on. I really love the fresh blueberries in this and I wouldn't recommend substituting frozen. I also love that this recipe is really simple. It's basically a one-bowl kind of recipe....easy clean up, gotta love it! I found it kind of weird that the recipe called for only 8 muffins as opposed to the usual 12 but I went with it and they turned out amazing. The streusel topping makes them slightly crunchy on top!


Recipe :
1 1/2 Cups flour
3/4 Cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 Cup vegetable oil
1 Egg
about 1/3 Cup milk
1 Cup blueberries

Streusel Topping:
1/4 Cup sugar
2 TBS plus 2 tsp flour
2 TBS cold butter, cubed
3/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Grease or line muffin cups. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Place vegetable oil in a 1 cup measuring cup and then add the egg and pour milk into to fill up to the 1 Cup line. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold in blueberries. Pour the batter into 8 muffin cups, filling almost all the way to the top.
To make the streusel topping, combine all ingredients into a bowl and cut with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of muffins. Bake 20-25 minutes

Original recipe found at Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment