Monday, June 6, 2011

Orange Teriyaki Chicken


This recipe is really delicious. I was very impressed with it and liked it a lot more than I expected! I have been on an Oriental food kick lately and I love trying new recipes like Sweet and Sour Chicken, Cashew Chicken and Pad Thai. I will be sharing lots of Oriental recipes on this blog because it's one of my favorite dishes to make! All I can say about this recipe is that it has just enough Orange flavor, a little sweet and a tad bit spicy! I served it over brown rice and I will continue to make this again and again!

Recipe:
1 TBS corn starch
1 TBS Cold Water
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp pepper
Zest of 1 Orange
Freshly squeezed Juice of 1 Orange
2-3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Directions:
Chop the thawed chicken breasts into bite sized chunks. Add all the rest of the ingredients to a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat until thickens slightly and boils. Add the chicken and stir a few times. Add mixture to a baking dish and bake at 400 for 1 hour. Serve over Brown rice

No comments:

Post a Comment