I have been trying to make crispy baked fries for quite some time now and finally mastered it!! If you love baked fries, you have to try this recipe! Mine always came out too soft and mushy, but this time they were delicious, crispy and the perfect homemade version of fries, in my opinion! I served these with a simple grilled cheese sandwich and of course, the simplest meal I have made in a long time, gets rave reviews!!
4 Russet potatoes (washed, peeled and sliced into wedges)
5 TBS canola oil or vegetable oil
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cut potatoes into wedges and then soak in very hot water for 30 minutes (I soaked mine for over an hour)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees
- Place 4 TBS of oil on rimmed baking sheet and then tilt side to side to spread oil around evenly.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly on baking pan
- Drain the potato wedges and then lay on paper towel and pat them dry with more paper towel
- Rinse the bowl and dry it and then add the remaining 1 TBS of oil to the bowl and toss the dried wedges into the oil until evenly coated. Place in single layer on baking pan
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 5 minutes, remove the foil and return to oven to bake for about 20 minutes or until bottom of fries are spotty golden brown, rotating the baking sheet after 10 minutes.
- Using a spatula or tongs, flip the fries over and continue baking until fries are golden and crisp, about 10 more minutes. Rotate the pan often to ensure even baking.
- When fries are finished, you can season with more salt and pepper if you like, but we did not and they were still delicious! Enjoy!
adapted from: http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2011/03/crispy-oven-baked-potato-fries.html