Friday, June 3, 2011

Shape up for Summer: DAY 1

Up until now, my work out routine has been pretty sporadic....I usually try to do some kind of intense work out a few days a week, like run, Jillian Michaels DVD, work out class at the gym, circuit training, or a walk! I have never really established a solid routine so I have decided to apply the famous "Those who fail to plan, plan to fail" motto to my work out routine from now on!  I am going to plan my work outs more diligently so that they become part of my weekly routine, and not something that I just randomly do if I feel like it...I am going to track my work outs on this blog so those of you who would like to follow along with me or even steal some new work out ideas are welcome to! My main goal here is to get a little "more fit" by July when I will be traveling back to the homestead with my hubby for his brothers wedding! So I figure I have about a month and a half to follow this little "Shape up" plan! I am also going to adjust my diet slightly and I will get more into that later but I know that for myself, strict dieting=DEPRESSION. I hate it! I love food too much to eat a apple for breakfast, a rice cake for lunch and a salad for dinner...what's the fun in that? Because of my love for food, I realize I need to work out more and I need the energy to do so, so you won't find me eating fat free stuff loaded with chemicals and basically nothing good for your body! (I do however indulge in a sweet treat every now and then even though I KNOW it is bad for me...) Anyways, back to the work out I did today!

THE WORK OUT :

5 minutes cardio warm up (arm crosses, jog in place, toe touches)
Dumbbell Lateral Raise- 15 reps (x2)
Tricep Extension- 15 on each arm (x2)
Cardio on treadmill- 1 minute walk, 1 minute run for 5 minutes
Chest Fly- 20 reps (x2)
Upright Row- 15 reps (x2)
Cardio on treadmill- start at 5% incline and increase 1 every minute for 5 minutes
Chest Press- 15 reps (x2)
Push ups- 15 (x 2 )
Sit ups on medicine ball or plan crunches (3 sets of 15)
Cardio on Treadmill- 1 minute walk, 1 minute run for 10 minutes

Basically what I did is the cardio, then 1 strengh move, the next and then repeated them each so I wasn't doing the same move back to back! Let me know if you have any questions about the strength moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment